|Location||DurbanP, South Africa|
|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
In this role of Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for the management of junior staff whilst troubleshooting and supporting a complex hybrid environment. All support, maintenance and troubleshooting will happen on live mission critical systems operating 24 x 7 x 365.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, configure and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning
- Installation of Network device patches, updates, and service packs following patch audit assessments.
- LAN/WAN implementation, DNS changes / requests, advanced routing and switching on Cisco and Juniper hardware.
- Administration of F5 LTM / AWAF, creating of I Rules, pools, geo-location tagging, etc.
- Administration of FortiGate firewalls
- Configuration and administration of NMS system(s), e.g., Nagios, NetFlow, Cacti.
- Enterprise Knowledge and experience of Sophos End Point Protection Suite (EPO, DLP, Antivirus, Endpoint Encryption).
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum of 5+ years as a Network Engineer
- Experience in a Juniper and Cisco Network environment
- Routing, Switching including all routing protocols – BGP, OSPF
- Fortinet Firewalls
- Load Balancing – F5 LTM
- Juniper or Cisco network certifications would be an advantage ie JNCIP-ENT or JNCIP-SP
- Customer focused
- Solid problem solving skills
- Solid people management skills
- Attention to detail