|Location||JHB - Northern Suburbs, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2021|
Duties & Responsibilities
The Financial Analyst (Financial Accounting) is responsible for providing support for an accurate and efficient month-end close, to extract and analyse information for the monthly / quarterly financial reports, to ensure a successful audit process, to provide decision support to the Operations and Sales teams and to perform a Super User role in the relevant ERP system. This position works closely with the Financial Manager, the Financial Analyst (Management Accounting), the Project Accountant and the Financial Modeller to ensure all objectives is met.
All to be completed on working day 5:
- Monthly reconciliation of GL to billing schedules after AR close.
- Raising any billing differences with AR SSC
- Monthly movement reconciliation between current and prior months billing schedules to identify new business, cancellations, escalations, and billing adjustments.
- Entering of new business, cancellations, escalations, and billing adjustments on TM1
- Completing monthly new business schedule and agreeing to contracted to commenced report completed by collocations team.
- If any queries are identified, raising them
- Updating monthly run rate schedule per customer
- Entering run rate summary information into TM1
- Revenue reserves – providing for amounts which have been billed to customers and identified as potential non-payments.
- Bad debt provision – providing for amounts in 180+ days.
After Month End:
- Month to month billing comparison per site per legal entity, identifying and commenting on variances
- Confirmation of billing per active site
- Identifying active sites where there is no billing.
- Maintaining of OTBG calculation
Month End Reporting
All to be completed on working day 5:
- Monthly P&L preparation
- Updating budgets and forecasts to reflect current MTD and YTD.
- Importing MTD and YTD from Oracle into template
- Detailed analysis and explanations of movements vs budget and forecast.
- Preparation of monthly bridge analysis vs budget and forecast.
- Input number of new build towers completed in the month into the tower count in TM1
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis with commentary on main variances identified vs budget and forecast.
Monthly Balance Sheet Recons
- Unbilled Receivables
- Revenue Reserves
- SG&A Accruals
- Bad Debt Provision
- Unearned Revenue
- Revenue review (month to month revenue comparison)
- Budget and forecast vs actual review (variance analysis submission with proof of review)
- Preparing of quarterly FP&A template for distribution to US Corporate
- Updating of capital contributions schedule for distribution to US
Monthly Results Meeting
- Preparation and presentation of monthly results (revenue, direct expenses, and SG&A) to Exco
- Updating new business forecasts based on information from collocation team.
- Updating SG&A forecasts
- Co-ordinating inputs of forecasts in TM1 (direct expenses, capex, straight line) and ensuring they agree to the master file (supporting schedule)
- Reviewing of forecast with CEO, CFO, FM and exco
- Preparing of forecast presentation with detailed explanations of movements for submission to Africa and US FP&A
- Preparing new business budgets based on information from collocation team, sales team and exco in terms of expectations for 2022.
- Preparing SG&A budgets
- Co-ordinating inputs of budgets in TM1 (direct expenses, capex, straight line) and ensuring they agree to the master file (supporting schedule)
- Reviewing of budget with CEO, CFO, FM and exco
- Preparing of budget presentation with detailed explanations of movements for submission to Africa and US FP&A
Ad-Hoc FP&A Reporting
- Assisting Africa and US FP&A teams with any ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Ensure billing is done according to supporting documentation (master lease agreements)
- Continuous review of bad debts and accuracy thereof
- Ensuring accuracy of cancellations and credit notes
- Preparation of the monthly revenue recon to identify any significant issues
Education and Experience:
- Accounting Degree or partly qualified CA (Chartered Accountant) or CIMA (Chartered Institute for Management Accounting)
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst, preferably in a finance close environment; Oracle Financials preferable.
Should you not receive a response from us within one week of your application, your application has unfortunately not been successful.