|Location||Centurion, South Africa|
|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
One of our large manufacturing clients based in Centurion are currently looking for a Glass & Aluminium Draughtsman/Estimator/Junior Manager to start immediately / ASAP.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Managerial experience, as will be managing 2 other staff members
- Driver’s License and own transport required
- Must be computer literate and can work on Starfront & AutoCAD
- Must have knowledge of Shopfronts, Curtain Walls, Sliding and Stacking doors, Spider Fittings – please indicate in CV – NON-NEGOTIABLE
Package & Remuneration
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing of 2 other estimators/draftsman duties and reporting to CEO weekly of performance
Costing / Tendering / Progress
- Responsible for accurately calculating (Estimating) the total costs associated with a construction project or the development of a new project, for the purpose of tendering or quoting on specific projects.
- Analyse and compile shop drawings and other documentation to prepare time scale, cost implications, materials usage, and labour estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs, and controlling the monthly progress claims, relative to bids as the project develops.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments (in house and external) or construction Architects, Engineers, and foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare accurate material lists for the ordering of aluminium, consumables and glass per project
- Compile cutting slips
- Schedule when delivery of the above items should take place, thus ensuring cash flow is maintained and projects do not stand still.
- Reconcile material requirements as variations to the project is added or omitted.
- Compare existing stock to required stock and eliminate duplicate ordering.
- Ordering of specialized items such as automatic units, top tracks for stack rigs etc.
- Ensure the store man / buyer has a clear overview of the projects in hand to enable day to day ordering for the miscellanies items.
Shop drawings / Manufacturing Drawings
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive workshop drawings from Engineer / Architects drawing for the purpose of fabrication and installation
- Oversee that deadlines for drawing submission are met and with the correct information pertaining to the specific project.
- Consult with in house site managers comparing and understanding site conditions and or measurements in order to produce accurate work shop drawings for the factory to manufacture the correct items.